Uninsured motorist coverage and underinsured motorist coverage are two of the more confusing types of car insurance coverage. In some states these coverages are required, so you have no choice but to add them to your car insurance policy. Here’s what you need to know to decide whether to buy this protection.

What is uninsured motorist coverage?

Uninsured motorist coverage helps pay for any injuries caused to you or your passengers in an accident involving an uninsured driver, or a hit and run. Underinsured motorist coverage kicks in when you’re hit by a driver who has some insurance, but not enough to cover your medical costs.

Uninsured and underinsured motorist property damage coverage does the same for damage to your car and other property. This coverage is not available in all states.

For any questions, feel free to give A-Best Insurance a call at 713-681-1967.

Posted 12:57 PM

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top